The business development associate is a confident and driven individual dedicated to growing our pipeline of exciting new medical device development opportunities.
This individual will primarily work with Smithwise sales and marketing team members. This is an inside-sales role focused on prospecting through email and phone based outreach. The position will report to the Director of Marketing.
Smithwise is a contract medical device development firm with offices in the Philadelphia and Boston areas. We work with technology-driven companies to engineer and build electro-mechanical products for medical and consumer wellness applications. Our projects range from IoT wearables to surgical devices to life support systems. We offer a creative work environment with a highly collaborative team, passionate clients, and projects that have a high impact on health and wellness. Following are the responsibilities and requirements for the position:
The majority of time will be spent directly reaching out to target customers. This process will entail conducting brief research to understand prospect’s role and company focus then applying these findings to well-constructed emails and phone calls. A minimum of 20 prospects per day should be contacted by telephone and/or email.
All prospecting activities will be documented in the Smithwise Customer Relationship Management system (CRM). This includes tracked and logged emails, notes from phone calls, new opportunity creation, and tasks for next steps.
- SCHEDULING MEETINGS
The goal of the prospecting effort will be to set up 30 minute introductory and qualification meetings. These meetings will include technical personnel from Smithwise. The business development associate is responsible for coordinating meeting times and setting up phone and web conference details.
- DOWNSTREAM SALES SUPPORT
As new opportunities are generated from the prospecting efforts, this individual will support sales by reviewing proposals and coordinating review meetings with prospects. (Proposal development will be led by technical team members.)
- 2+ Years of professional experience in a prospecting sales role
- Bachelors degree (preferred)
- Ability to commute daily to Newtown Square, PA
Job Type: Full-time
- Base salary of $25,000 per year + commission
- 10% Commission on first sale generated for New Accounts. New Accounts are those generated through direct prospecting efforts.
- 2% Commission on follow-on sales related to New Accounts for 1 year following first sale.
- Health Insurance of which 60% is paid by Smithwise and the remainder paid by employee pre-tax, eligible immediately
- Dental Insurance of which 50% is paid by Smithwise and the remainder paid by employee pre-tax, eligible immediately
- Eligibility after 3 months of employment to participate in simple IRA with dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 3% of salary
- Company-paid Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance Policy (1x Salary)
- 3 weeks paid vacation. Increase to 4 weeks after 5 calendar years of full-time employment. 10 paid company holidays per year.
- Summary of our benefits including employee out-of-pocket costs.
- Eligibility for Educational Stipend after 12 months of full-time employment and dedicated time for continued refinement of professional skills.